Strasburg, VA 22657
Shenandoah Film Collaborative, Inc. is a 501 (3) c, all-volunteer, non-profit. More information about our organization can be found in the overview section of the position description.
The role of the Strategic Planning position is to research and provide a path forward – no matter how long the timeline may be – to achieve the following objectives:
- Become an Oscar Qualifying Film Festival for short films and animation features
- Identify grant opportunities for the organization to pursue. These opportunities should further enhance our programming to the community. It will require using the Grant station.
Possible opportunity examples include, but are not limited to:
- Create a program for journalism students or practitioners that would allow them to produce more documentary films.
- Create a program for young students in our area that would help them decide if pursuing film or an aspect of film as a career.
- Research other major film festival organizations to determine the feasibility of bringing an aspect of what they are executing to our organization so that we could bring that to the Shenandoah Valley.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Ready and willing to roll up their sleeves
- Reliable and proactive
- Articulate and organized
- A strong writer and researcher
- Humble, resourceful and diligent
Shenandoah Film Collaborative Overview
The Shenandoah Film Collaborative, a 501 (3) c, all-volunteer, non-profit has two areas of focus:
1) Offer opportunities for residents to experience the wonders of film that cannot be found from Hollywood.
2) Raise funds and awareness for the Shenandoah County Public School System where the money would be used for theater/drama-related programming.
We were founded in September of 2017, and so far we’re in the middle of conducting our Seasonal Film Series, which strives to bring independent films to different locations within Shenandoah County. We’re a few months away from our second Strasburg Film Festival, occurring November 15 – 17th at:
- Box Office Brewery
- Town of Strasburg Municipal Building
In 2018, we’ve received over 4,500 submissions from over 110 countries to program our two organizational events. This year we’ve made the selection criteria a little more difficult and so far we’ve received over 2600 entries for both the film festival and our seasonal film series.
About the internship:
We’re looking for Fall interns in various areas of our non-profit to support the closeout of our Seasonal Film Series and Strasburg Film Festival. Even though there are different positions available, there may be cases where the duties of one role would cause them to work in a different capacity.
Any role should require the intern to live within the Northern Shenandoah Valley Area (Harrisonburg – Winchester), however, we’ll examine applicants on a case by case basis.
Interns are allowed to work remotely, as we will coordinate and communicate projects through slack.
Because we are a young organization, and the fact that we coordinate all information in the cloud, we cannot provide a laptop for the duration of the internship, and we ask if you could use yours. Though there might be some intern positions where the required role would need software that is outside of the standard google drive applications, that is when the software would be provided to you.
The fall internship duration would last between September through December, however, those times would vary depending on the requirements needed for you to obtain college credits. This internship would be unpaid, and we anticipate the effort to be between 10-15 hours per week.
We want to make sure that you get the best possible experience that will help you be better prepared for when you are applying for your first job.