Strasburg, VA 22657
The following provides an overview for the Marketing – Outreach and Promotion fall internship position with the Shenandoah Film Collaborative, Inc.
This role would have three significant areas of focus:
- Promote our films that will be shown during the Strasburg Film Festival through our established media channels (strasburgfilm.com blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) as well as offer any suggestions on new avenues to promote the Festival. The goal of this tactic is to get interested people to purchase passes or tickets to the Film Festival. In addition, there is an option when purchasing tickets that will allow the person to make an additional donation to the non-profit, so encouraging for those to do this should also be communicated.
- Use what data that is available through these social media channels to understand what tactics are successful, in addition, the person in this role would need to understand what personas would be the best to reach out to this targeted market.
- Interview filmmakers (if applicable) to provide our audience a more in-depth understanding into what it takes to make their film, why they do this, and any other tidbits that would help promote our film festival brand.
- Remind our audience that all proceeds from the film festival will be donated to the Shenandoah County Public School System where the money would be used for theater/drama-related programming.
- As you continue to work on this promotion, document any suggestions in strategy or tactics that you could use as a takeaway for other career opportunities, as well as help future interns as they promote the Film Festival for years to come.
- Outreach to area residents to encourage them to become volunteers with the organization. These volunteers would help support the film festival or any other events that will be planned through our non-profit.
- Once one becomes a volunteer, work and execute a strategy that would make them feel welcomed and a valued member through our non-profit so that participation and retention are high.
- Understand and capture business insight so that we could offer sponsorship packages.
- Though the outreach and promotional aspects play a higher priority in this role, we feel the insight that you’d capture while reaching out and understanding the community would greatly benefit in creating the proper insight to solicit sponsorship.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Ready and willing to roll up their sleeves
- Can work with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Reliable and proactive
- Articulate and organized
- A strong writer and researcher
- Humble, resourceful and diligent
- Who can apply – Undergrad college students, rising juniors, and seniors
Shenandoah Film Collaborative Overview
The Shenandoah Film Collaborative, a 501 (3) c, all-volunteer, non-profit has two areas of focus:
1) Offer opportunities for residents to experience the wonders of film that cannot be found from Hollywood.
2) Raise funds and awareness for the Shenandoah County Public School System where the money would be used for theater/drama-related programming.
We were founded in September of 2017, and so far we’re in the middle of conducting our Seasonal Film Series, which strives to bring independent films to different locations within Shenandoah County. We’re a few months away from our second Strasburg Film Festival, occurring November 15 – 17th at:
- Box Office Brewery
- Town of Strasburg Municipal Building
In 2018, we’ve received over 4,500 submissions from over 110 countries to program our two organizational events. This year we’ve made the selection criteria a little more difficult and so far we’ve received over 2600 entries for both the film festival and our seasonal film series.
About the internship:
We’re looking for Fall interns in various areas of our non-profit to support the closeout of our Seasonal Film Series and Strasburg Film Festival. Even though there are different positions available, there may be cases where the duties of one role would cause them to work in a different capacity.
Any role should require the intern to live within the Northern Shenandoah Valley Area (Harrisonburg – Winchester), however, we’ll examine applicants on a case by case basis.
Interns are allowed to work remotely, as we will coordinate and communicate projects through slack.
Because we are a young organization, and the fact that we coordinate all information in the cloud, we cannot provide a laptop for the duration of the internship, and we ask if you could use yours. Though there might be some intern positions where the required role would need software that is outside of the standard google drive applications, that is when the software would be provided to you.
The fall internship duration would last between September through December, however, those times would vary depending on the requirements needed for you to obtain college credits. This internship would be unpaid, and we anticipate the effort to be between 10-15 hours per week.